WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Pure Awesomeness, cop gets punked by law student

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Gotta give em props though cause nobody wants to deal with drunks and spouse abusers(male and female) and all the good stuff that goes along with it .. Standing in rain or heat or cold directing traffic etc etc etc for a measely salary and hopes of retiring .. Its nice sitting in a/c n not having to worry bout it .. Politics will over ride honest police man anyday and force good men to leave and say screw it you can have it .. There are sum dumb asses with a badge i do have to say .. Make barney fife look like a philadelphia lawyer lol
I like watching the crackheads run and then fight n takes like ten officers to get him to stop lol drugs make u look like superman n the cops like kids on a playground

Last edited by BIGDADDY1969; 06-27-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only a handful of states where open carry is not legal (less than ten last I checked). I am not a fan of law enforcement baiting or law enforcement abuse of power (I am currently law enforcement). However, legal or not, if somebody is acting in such a way that is not consistent with the usual for the area (open carry in town in a state where open carry awareness is low, perhaps?) they will likely be stopped. Also, asking for possession of the gun during the stop is completely up to the officer's personal discretion as it becomes an officer safety issue for him. There is nothing wrong with this, as it is no different than temporarily taking custody of an individuals keys during a traffic stop. Here in AZ, in fact, the law states in plain English that any law enforcement personnel may temporarily take custody of a firearm during a stop for this very reason. This is not unusual. It doesn't happen often here because guns are commonplace and police are very aware of this, but AZ is in the minority of the states on public gun presence.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same in Texas with a chl. Cops have the right to disarm you at any time. Probably a wise idea to let them if they ask you nice the first time
Old 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i wouldnt mind a cop disarming me. i would mind if he pulled me over for doing 84 in the 85mph zone (gotta love texas).

i wish every state was an open carry state. maybe make you wear some kind of ID around your neck when carrying so a cop can easily ID who is clear to carry. if i was a robber and walked into a bank where 5 people had a gun on their hip....id go to some ***** state like california and rob them.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Man Motor club

The only way to determine somebody's eligibility to open carry in an open carry state is to run their record, which requires them to stop you and take your ID to read to dispatch. ID around the neck wouldn't help. Unfortunately it's just part of the deal when open carrying in an area where the exact specs of the laws regarding such are not known to the majority of the population. Similar to New York with the topless laws; it may be legal for a woman to walk around with her ***** out, but she is still likely to be stopped as it has not been known to be legal until recently. If you are making a statement, you will draw some attention (which you likely are looking for anyway). It reminds me of the pastor at the Border Patrol checkpoint a while back (who was actually making a statement in error, funny enough, as he did not actually know the scope of his rights at the checkpoint); if you plan to make a statement like the young man in this video, please be sure that you are right. Getting arrested for open carry in a municipality that has outlawed it within their jurisdiction would be no fun at all.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rjwz28
The only way to determine somebody's eligibility to open carry in an open carry state is to run their record, which requires them to stop you and take your ID to read to dispatch. ID around the neck wouldn't help. Unfortunately it's just part of the deal when open carrying in an area where the exact specs of the laws regarding such are not known to the majority of the population. Similar to New York with the topless laws; it may be legal for a woman to walk around with her ***** out, but she is still likely to be stopped as it has not been known to be legal until recently. If you are making a statement, you will draw some attention (which you likely are looking for anyway). It reminds me of the pastor at the Border Patrol checkpoint a while back (who was actually making a statement in error, funny enough, as he did not actually know the scope of his rights at the checkpoint); if you plan to make a statement like the young man in this video, please be sure that you are right. Getting arrested for open carry in a municipality that has outlawed it within their jurisdiction would be no fun at all.
wow..wow..wow...wow.......wow.

what? LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Man Motor club

Oh, and this kid was being a *****. He could have been much more tactful about that encounter, right or wrong. He'll probably figure that out as he gets older and more mature (or he'll end up being wrong one of these days and get tased and dragged out of his car at a checkpoint, either way).
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Man Motor club

ak2007r6: were you not yet aware? Google that ****
Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

brb
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

well.. i learned something new today