WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

What AR15 forums are out there and some ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What AR15 forums are out there and some ???

I've been doing some research here and there so I can finally start building an AR. What forums are you all on, what forums have a good for sale section?

What inexpensive lower do you all recommend? (not cheap, theres a difference haha)
Should I buy stripped and a parts kit? and why?
As far as uppers go I want a 16" barrel w/ a 1:9 twist?
I want to have a free float quad rail hand guard ( I like the look of them personally, probably a full length 12").
I like this one for 100 bucks, comes with covers and mounting bezel:
http://www.rockypointguns.com/category-list.cfm?id=25

should I buy an assembled upper and just change the handguard out?
I'm partial to a collapsible stock so my mom or sis can shoot it as well without reaching.

these are just a few questions I have. I know your out there jared and nonnie so fill me in haha.

Last edited by pewterliftedz; 02-18-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im eyeing the DPMS assembled lower for $244 but i want to see what you all recommend..

Im hoping to come in under $700 with the entire build if possible. what do you all think.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

stay away from dpms, and RRA. Do not like their cheaply assembled product. Buy BCM upper of your choice, buy stripped lower, then buy lpk and assemble yourself. Go join ARF.com or AR15forums.com
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 AM
12 Second Truck Club

hmm never had a problem with my dpms, what makes them cheaply assembled?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's wrong with RRA? Always read and heard good things about them.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Bolt key is not properly staked on either model. over or under gassed on both models. There is just better deals to be bought for less money.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:49 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by jared91
Bolt key is not properly staked on either model. over or under gassed on both models. There is just better deals to be bought for less money.
Im sorry to tell you this, but my factory bolt from dpms is properly staked. I can upload a pic if you like. That thread you read from m4c is a little outdated. bolt carrier staking (comparison) - M4Carbine.net Forums
Mine is staked exactly as bcm. Also I have never had any feed or blowback issues from my digs no matter what round I have used (sub or supersonic)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
Im sorry to tell you this, but my factory bolt from dpms is properly staked. I can upload a pic if you like. That thread you read from m4c is a little outdated. bolt carrier staking (comparison) - M4Carbine.net Forums
Mine is staked exactly as bcm. Also I have never had any feed or blowback issues from my digs no matter what round I have used (sub or supersonic)
I didnt even see that thread... All my experience that i speak of has been personal lol
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive never had a problem with any of my cheap Delton kits or the spikes tactical or RRA stuff.
Its easy to stake them yourself.

Look at Delton inc, they have some good priced stuff. Without shipping you can build a basic M4 type for $550. Depends on the lower.

I burnt one of their barrels out in 2 years or so, replaced it with a RRA M4 7 twist and its more than i can ask for. .3 and .4" groups at 100yds with 77gr nosler custom comps. Cant ask for anything better than that.

Im Building a 24" 8 twist bull barrel for 600 and 1000yd F-Class from black hole weaponry right now, slowly one peice at a time.

What you gonna use the rifle for? Just blasting?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Always heard good about Del-ton, and have a good friend with one he built. Never an issue, I think all the DPMS is internet hype, guys who actually own them have no real issues.

Innovative Tactical Systems LLC, Made in USA, AR 15 uppers, piston operated tactical upper, 5.56, 6.8spc, custom precision barrels has arguably the best bolt, and the owner is an active member of www.68forums.com Everything he has is top notch, and ALWAYS contacts you. I bought a used upper from a member on 68forums and emailed the owner, who replied the next day with a complete build list of the upper.

Need more information on your build, and check my thread in the weapon section of my "feral hog slayer".

Also, people like nonnie ACTUALLY use their AR's and put 1000's of rounds down them. Check with Palmetto State Armory, AIM Surplus, and slickguns for deals, build your lower and you can have one for around $200.

Quick Reply: What AR15 forums are out there and some ???