Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

California Is Ridiculious! (tint ticket)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Is Ridiculious! (tint ticket)

Ive gotten tint tickets before, no biggie, 10 bucks and go get yourself some new tint.

Well the other day im crusing along... cop pulls me over... he has NOTHING on me so he tells me to roll up my windows.
I respond with "officer they dont work" when he then gives me the look of death and says "are you gonna make this a problem?"

So... I roll the windows up and ofcourse he gives me a nice ticket for tinted side windows and no front plate. No biggie Im thinking, Ive gotten 4 or 5 or those before.

Then the letter comes in the mail from the courthouse..... 180 bucks! I almost **** myself! I dont even know what to say. How do tickets go from 10 to 180 without telling anyone?

Im gonna take this to a judge and see what I can do ... but man.... california is CRAZY!
Old 05-22-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Ive gotten tint tickets before, no biggie, 10 bucks and go get yourself some new tint.

Well the other day im crusing along... cop pulls me over... he has NOTHING on me so he tells me to roll up my windows.
I respond with "officer they dont work" when he then gives me the look of death and says "are you gonna make this a problem?"

So... I roll the windows up and ofcourse he gives me a nice ticket for tinted side windows and no front plate. No biggie Im thinking, Ive gotten 4 or 5 or those before.

Then the letter comes in the mail from the courthouse..... 180 bucks! I almost **** myself! I dont even know what to say. How do tickets go from 10 to 180 without telling anyone?

Im gonna take this to a judge and see what I can do ... but man.... california is CRAZY!
sounds like a nice cop!! 180 bucks that sucks. in michigan we normally get fix it tickets. with 4 or 5 tint tickets you would think they would put you on a mailing list or something, lol dear mr. macadayear we are sorry to inform you that the fines for tint tickets have been increased just to **** people even more. please make a note and buy a thing of KY for the next time we meet.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Launching!

it depends on the cop who writes you the ticket they can write it up as a fix it or non fixable. ive got that ticket before to. what you do is pull the tint off and just see if you can have a cop sign it off. if you can get a cop to sign it off then it is 10 bucs. check on the ticket, im pretty sure thats just the bail amount ( if you dont fix the windows) you can get it fixed
Old 05-22-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

GOd bless TX ....

And ... it's perfectly legal.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Place that did my tint won't allow darker than 30% on the front.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Delux 02
it depends on the cop who writes you the ticket they can write it up as a fix it or non fixable. ive got that ticket before to. what you do is pull the tint off and just see if you can have a cop sign it off. if you can get a cop to sign it off then it is 10 bucs. check on the ticket, im pretty sure thats just the bail amount ( if you dont fix the windows) you can get it fixed

I checked the ticket and the jackass checked the non correctable. It dosent say anything about gettin it fixed, so what should I do, get it fixed, then signed off.. then what? .. I think im gonna have to talk to a judge or somethng.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Launching!

yea they can mark it correctable if they want the guy was just trying to fu*k you. Ive got that before to just pull the tint off and try to find a cop to sign it off. you might have to try a cop or to then just go to the court to pay it off and should only be 10 bucs. ive done it before you just have to find a cop to sign it off.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Yea I think I can get it signed off... Ill try next week and see what happens....
Old 05-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Same exact thing happened to me. This Dick Highway patrol guy pulls me over on the street because I just happened to be driving past this local hang out where kids get together to fix some street races. Anyways, he pulled me over for no front plate. Adds the Tinted windows, then proceeds to tell me my euro lights on my S-10 are illegal. I told him I had already been pulled over for that, then the cop that pulled me over was told that they weren't illegal, so I didn't get a ticket. So the HP told me "Take it up with the judge"....dick. So my ticket comes in the mail, something like $160. I was like ****, i thought it was going to be 30 bucks for 3 fix it tickets. Well, I put off paying the fine until the day before its due. I go to the courthouse to pay the ticket, and the clerk told me I should see the judge, that most likely he would reduce my fine, as long as I had the ticket signed off. So i said **** it, so I set up a date with the judge. Now going to court sucks, and if you want to avoid it, just pay the fine. But the judge to reduce my fine to 30 bucks rather effortlessly. So I think it was worth it in the end. Sorry I wrote a book, but thats my story.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Veteran

I think 35% is as dark as "legally" can be done up front here in Texas. My Z's windows are 35/20 but my F150's are 20/5.

Quick Reply: California Is Ridiculious! (tint ticket)