Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

California Is Ridiculious! (tint ticket)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Its hot here in cali. I have black leather also. So with the tint and a sunshade my truck stays nice and cool inside. There is no way im letting someone else tell me I cant have tint. I pose no threat and I value my aftermarket leather

Ticket or no ticket I will always have tint. If I have to keep paying for it so be it , its a luxury I dont want to live without.
I also have blue eyes and my eyes are very sensitive to light.

Like when I wear sunglasses indoor, like at the mall. People look at me like im tryn to be a badass when really its just alot more comfertable for me to not have to squint etc.
hey as long as you are aware of the consequences and willing to pay the fines, then its all good.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Later, Tony
hey as long as you are aware of the consequences and willing to pay the fines, then its all good.
Uhhh.. no sorry Tony.. just cause I am willing dosent make it "all good"

Im still gettn harrassed by the PIGS! ( didnt you say you were a cop? )
Old 05-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Uhhh.. no sorry Tony.. just cause I am willing dosent make it "all good"

Im still gettn harrassed by the PIGS! ( didnt you say you were a cop? )
nah no cop here. bottom line is you know you arent following the law... whether you think it is right or not is another issue. like you said, if you want to keep having the tint you will just have to deal with the consequences that it results in.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Hey tony... guess what else is illegal in california :

- it is illegal to posses bear gall bladders.
- it is illegal to trip horses for entertainment.
- Peeling an orange in your hotel room is banned in California
- In Blythe, California, a person must own two cows in order to legally wear cowboy boots in public.
- In Los Angeles, a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap.
**SCORE I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT ONE! **
- It is illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting license. ( ok .. who needs a 180 dollar ticket for that? I know we all have done it )
- It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
- In L.A. it is against the law to complain through the mail that a hotel has cockroaches, even if it is true.
- In Cupertino, California, it is illegal to count backwards audibly in hexadecimal.
- It is illegal to fry of gravy in Redwood City.
- In Santa Clara, it is forbidden to dedicate parking spaces to the patron saint of television.
- The city of Mountain View proscribes calling pet fish by "names of aggressive content, e.g. 'Biter', 'Killer', 'Sugar-Ray'"
- It is illegal to skateboard on walls "or other vertical surfaces" in Palo Alto.
- Wearing a sweatshirt inside-out is deemed a "threatening misdemeanor" in Half-Moon Bay.
- In Los Angeles, you cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time
- In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship

But im sure those laws make sense too

Old 05-23-2004, 07:57 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Uhhh, sorry Tony
Old 05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Teching In

well how dark is your tint? you can get away with anything 20% or lighter but when you are in the 5% range you are asking for problems. and yeah, 5% is unsafe. a friend of mine has 5% on his front windows of his truck and it is very challenging to see out of at night.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some other funny ones :

- In Lefors, Texas it is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer at any time while standing...
- In San Antonio, it is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands....
- In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.
- In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.
- It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State.
- California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat.
- A barber is not to advertise prices in the State of Georgia.
- In Louisiana, a bill was introduced years ago in the State House of Representatives that fixed a ceiling on haircuts for bald men of 25 cents.
- In Oklahoma, no baseball team can hit the ball over the fence or out of a ballpark.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

well how dark is your tint? you can get away with anything 20% or lighter but when you are in the 5% range you are asking for problems. and yeah, 5% is unsafe. a friend of mine has 5% on his front windows of his truck and it is very challenging to see out of at night.
5% on the sides and 2 layers of 5% on the back. I like it dark. Ive had it for over a year with no problems. It is little harder to see, but you must have never driven a older camaro, because my old one had mirrors the size of soda cans...
How is that more safe than me with huge elefant ear mirrors and some tint?

I know I can see better out of my truck with the tint than half the cars on the road.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

in my experiances not true. if a cop is a dick he will pull u over for any tint, cuz no ammount is aloud on the sides. u can have anything u want, its just some cops do and some dont
Old 05-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Teching In

its all about discretion i guess

Quick Reply: California Is Ridiculious! (tint ticket)