Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

I'm in a messed up situation and need some serious advise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good responses. I for one would end up in Snake Eater's Shoes. More specifically I would go in and start talking and when they started getting loud any and all involved would receive a serious *** beating. That is obviously not the way to handle things though . Getting a lawyer is good IF you have a good one. Get a bad one and you will be right back at square one and also have to sue your first lawyer for any fee's they charged. Been here as well.
Definately take alot of pics and put together a list of people to corraborate your story.
Take it to a good third party shop and have them look over things and give you a written estimate for repairs and equip replacement. Im sorry to say, but they are handling it this way b/c they know what it will take for you to get any compensation.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:34 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

too bad integrity is long gone.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

green, werent you a fighter? I'm kinda bad about loosing my temper with BS. And i dont realy yell when i blow, i smile.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, whatever you do, don't let a "car audio shop" touch your vehicle. I have had so many horror stories with them. It's worth your time to go slow and learn to do it yourself.

Can you possibly take it back and say take it out? Get a refund? I would.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
too bad integrity is long gone.
You are so right. I dont have anything done anywhere unless I personally know the people. I mean who they hang out with and what type of person they are. Of course, that is why I have 150hp sitting at home for the last couple of months.
If anything have an Attorney draft a letter to them giving them 2 weeks to straighten things out or they will be taken to court. That has helped me in a couple of situations where business's werent even involved!! The last thing a shop like that needs is attention drawn to a situation like yours. Losing one customer like yourself would double the loss they would take by making things right by you. Get a certified lettter.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
green, werent you a fighter? I'm kinda bad about loosing my temper with BS. And i dont realy yell when i blow, i smile.
Im the same way!! I laugh though. Ya, I used to be. You wouldnt believe the deal I landed!! Security for a K1 fighter. You wouldnt believe what these guys pay!! Unfortunately, the old excuse "I was defending myself and obviously outnumbered" no longer holds water. Ive had to seriously change the way I deal with things since I was almost slapped with some serious charges a little while back. I always treat people with respect though and it is unbelievable how some people treat others.
I'm going to be on TV!!!
Didnt mean to jack the thread. Sorry.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Launching!

get a lawyer, i think the most you can sue them for in small claims in ca is 5k. Id reprort them to better bussiness buerro ( i cant spell) take as many pics that you can start makeing a log of when you called them and what happend, make records as much as you can. Watch alot of court tv get some pointers
Old 05-26-2004, 12:07 PM
what a rush!

I've actually had good experiences using lawyers, however I've had to hire 2 in the last 6 months, one for a lemon law case I won and another for a personal settlement.

In other words I've done alot of fighting lately.

Damn if I'll have to do it again!
Old 05-26-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Well on the bright side you have a record of coming out on top.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:27 PM
what a rush!

I need a thug for hire! j/k

Quick Reply: I'm in a messed up situation and need some serious advise.