Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

I'm in a messed up situation and need some serious advise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
when i blow, i smile.

My girl is like that.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:41 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
I need a thug for hire! j/k

**** to Shore missles ! That is what I am scared of
Old 05-26-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf did you get for $6000???
Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

the set up goes like this:

Clifford Avant Gaurd 5 Alarm
Remote start
Blackjax anti car jack
Front Windows up/down/vent
Rear Windows up/down/vent
Daul Zone Proximity Sensor
Daul Zone Shock Sensor
Tilt Sensor
Hood Pin

Eclipse Eclipse AVN 2454 HU
DVD Navigation
DVD
CD
Back Up Camera

JL 1000/1 amp
JL 300/4 amp
Boston Pro 10.5 LF subs
Boston Pro 6.5 Components Front
Boston NX5 Two Way Rear
1 Farad Capacitor

Custom Box to mount behind rear seats

IXOS's Cables and wiring kits

Dynamat Extreme entire Cab and Doors
Old 05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thursday Update

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm not going to hire an attorney ......yet
Below is a copy of an email I sent the Company. I identified them as "Stereo Shop" and changed the name of my contact.

They have told me they will take care of everything but are not able to nail down a definitive plan of action for repairs. Only saying they will take care of it. Well anyway, here is what I wrote them. Please comment.

Hello Brad,
First, thanks for the card you sent, I look forward to a long friendship as well.
Next, it seems the ball was dropped during the installation of my stereo and alarm. Putting my personal frustration and disappointment aside, I have attached a list of items I expect "Stereo Shop" to fix or replace. Also, I want to be involved in all further decisions made regarding the repair and fine tuning of my truck.

I really expected top notch service from "Stereo Shop" as I was extremely impressed to see the abundance of high dollar vehicles when we toured your shop and because we recieved several dealer recommendations as to your credentials.

Over the past several weeks I've noticed several small things that have been un-agreeable to me but had not mentioned them because I was sure that the end result would be fantastic and I would be able to overlook the "small stuff" (i.e. surface scratches on the bed of truck, stock speakers returned with only 3 of 4 speakers: one has a small tear in it, one subwoofer grill was missing, both boston pro component grills are missing, interior of truck could have been cleaned better, using NX5 speakers instead of the quoted NX6's). However, when the small stuff re-occurs over and over again and then damage to my truck occurs, a trend starts to form. This trend is the lack of attention to detail.

Brad, you've always been pleasant to deal with, as has just about everyone else in your shop, so I have to believe this sloppy install is an isolated incedence. What I mean by sloppy is the lack of care taken when removing and installing interior panels. As you know, I take meticulous care of my vehicle and thought I made it clear that that was what I expected while in "Stereo Shop's" care. Quite frankly, what I recieved is totally unacceptable.

I appreciate "Stereo Shop" assuring my wife and I that everything will be repaired or replaced. I look forward to talking to you soon about solutions for the damage.

With regard to the repairs needed, I expect no corners to be cut and the truck will be returned to me in an "as delivered" condition with my approval for vendors chosen to conduct repairs.

I would also like a complete breakdown on the cost of parts and labor charged to total 6000 dollars.

Lastly, please prepare a wiring schematic of the alarm an stereo install so I have a future reference to go by. I plan on wiring other electronics and do not want to mess anything up. It will be a nice reference for the curious types like me and I am willing to help out in any respect to get this completed.

Regards
Devin
Old 05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I would just fix the stuff myself, and burn the shop down along with the owners house. But thats just me, i'm all for agression. I hate taking chances with companys, thats why i do all the work i can myself.

You know what they say...."All's well that burns well"!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

if u wanna know the truth about stereo shops... its always the little ghetto looking places that do the best jobs and always have the most skilled people

ive realized that