Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

The new new new bs thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
any of you guys know of a TBSS with the lic plate 2wikid?
There is a guy on GM Fullsize forum with a TBSS that goes by the name wicked..might be him.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 907TBSS
Born and raised then enlisted LOL. It'll always be home but I wont raise my kids up there.
what year did you graduate? When was the last time you were up here? Wasilla has grown and changed so much in the past 5-10 years it's crazy.

Why against raising kids up here?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
what year did you graduate? When was the last time you were up here? Wasilla has grown and changed so much in the past 5-10 years it's crazy.

Why against raising kids up here?
Grad '01

Last time I was in town was fall '09 on pre-dep. leave.

The crime rate vs. population is down right ridiculous, the amount of drugs that are circulated and the lack of punishment for anything under an .OZ of weed. I've seen it first hand. It's not worth the Officer or Troopers time in paperwork for literally nothing to be done to the one in possession. I still have family there in south-central (Eagle River) and southeast near Juneau so we'll be back but never for good.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Graduated same year as you from Colony.

Guess it's who you know and hangout with. Drugs are in every state (willing to bet cali is a lot worse
than Alaska). I am sure if i wanted i could get any drug of choice but i dont remember ever thinking it was a huge problem. Same with crime. We have some small time stuff here and there but nothing like what you would read about daily in a cali paper.

Not trying to bash cali, i actualky really enjoy the state. Lots of family there and thats where my parents grew up, but alaska drug and crime is nothing compared to cali...
just my .02
Old 08-27-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if an alaskan native living in cali is bashing the drug problem in alaska then it is probably worse up there.
just my .02
Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by javzh
if an alaskan native living in cali is bashing the drug problem in alaska then it is probably worse up there.
just my .02
Have you been or lived in AK or just siding with a member thats been here longer than me Lol... My dad was born and raised in Humbolt CA which is the pot capital of Cali but yet he grew up just fine and is not buying and selling pot in his spare time.

I am not denying there is drugs up here, drugs are everywhere. Doesn't matter where you live, if people want them they get them. I just disagree that the drugs are such a problem up here that someone would say it's not a good place to raise a child.

Teach the kids right and wrong and they will have no problems.

Btw not trying to start a pissing match or offend anyone, i enjoy a good debate. After all it is just the internet
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just like bs-ing in the bs thread

when you say cali drug and crime problem I'm sure you're referring to the **** hole of L.A. county.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^^^Always hating on LA
Old 08-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

The only good thing that ever came out of the OC was mike ness. The rest is all Disneyland and tampons.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Graduated same year as you from Colony.

Guess it's who you know and hangout with. Drugs are in every state (willing to bet cali is a lot worse
than Alaska). I am sure if i wanted i could get any drug of choice but i dont remember ever thinking it was a huge problem. Same with crime. We have some small time stuff here and there but nothing like what you would read about daily in a cali paper.

Not trying to bash cali, i actualky really enjoy the state. Lots of family there and thats where my parents grew up, but alaska drug and crime is nothing compared to cali...
just my .02
Here is the way I see it...

I said before I've seen it first hand. I had a DoD contract on Elmendorf AFB where we were paired with Security Forces so I've seen the amount of DUI's etc and amazingly enough while working the gates it was more civilians. This is where I've seen the dirtier side of APD like instead of giving a DUI to a corrections officer they gave her a courtesy ride home? WTF. Smaller amounts of weed, merely tossed in the bushes and individual released.

Speaking of APD... who in the hell hires and illegal immigrant under a false name/social security card and he was an officer for over 12 years and lived in AK for more then 20? C'mon who the hell did that background?

Former officer Rollands who patrolled around for *** instead of protecting and serving he was patrolling for women to rape while on duty.

Former officer busted in there own prostitution sting LMAO asked to quit.

Last month a body found less then 100 yds away from APD headquarters.... does no one pay attention there?

Thats just one of my issues with Ak... and I've heard,seen the other side of it too, my old man is a retired State Troopers with 23 years on and 11 as a sniper. He flew for the state as well. His partner was in a separate super cub, wrecked the short of it he had to spend the night with his dead partner because someone else over rode his call for a an extraction that night. Way to take care of your own.

The valley has always has a rampant issue marijuana and more recently meth.
The largest bust in the state of Alaska marijuana wise was conducted in the valley. A man dug a hole, partially buried a trailer and that was his grow operation you had to crawl under ground in a tunnel to access the trailer.

Back in... 2007 ish multiple bodies kept washing up along turnagin arm headless then body parts but oddly enough none of them matched and they were all missing heads. No leads, no arrests on that one.

For sake of debate it's funny you mention LA for me... in my original post I said crime rate vs. population. 279,243 Anchorage and LA 9,862,049

So yes I would hope that LA has more crime it's only proportionate to it's population. Where I see it Alaska, South Central to be precise it out of control and if Ak had the population of just LA county.... not even the state it'd be the wild wild west.

Quick Reply: The new new new bs thread